Why Use Our Services?
The Travel Desk provides three critical qualities a professional service provider must possess. Those qualities are Experience, Objectivity, and most importantly Accountability. The Travel Desk has the background it takes to understand and differentiate thousands of complex and dynamic destinations, products, services and vendors. We also understand how to listen and we realize that it is your vacation and not ours. And finally here at the Travel Desk we take our company motto “Dedicated to Travel Excellence” seriously. We fully understand that our reservations must be flawless and we stand behind our work 1000%!
Additional benefits of using our service include:
- A solid track record - In January 2015 The Travel Desk celebrates 39 years serving Sonoma Counties travel needs and also marks our 24th years of agency ownership.
- Experience - Diane has 44 years of agent and owner experience and Robert has 30 years. We both have background in corporate travel, vacation travel, and group sales.
- Standards of excellence - We carefully scrutinize all vendors for consistent quality and performance. If we do not feel comfortable dealing with a specific product, service, or vendor we will not offer it. And we will tell you why!
- True personalized service – When you contact our office you will not be dealing with a large corporation and or an internet booking engine, you will be speaking to the owners and agents right here in Santa Rosa one-on-one.
- SABRE - Sabre Travel Network® is the partner of choice for the world's leading travel agencies and corporate travel programs.SABRE built the first computer reservations system in the world and provides our clients with the fastest and most accurate GDS platform available to book air, cars, and hotel reserevations. With SABRE we are able to offer our clients access to 400 airlines, 125,000 hotel properties, 16 cruise lines, and 25 car rental brands. SABRE serves 1 billion travelers a year and employs the latest open system technology handling at peak 85,000 transactions per second. No wonder then that SABRE was ranked as the 7th most important software advancement in the world (Charles Babcock/Information Week Magazine).
- Support – Both prior to, during, and after your trip we are here to answer any question you might have. We provide you with customized travel planning advice tailored to your exact needs. As an example, we can suggest add-on tours, destination events, restaurant advice and even a reading list to enhance your vacation experience.
- Vacation.com – With over 5,000 travel agent members in the US and Canada our membership in Vacation.com provides our clients exceptional travel opportunities and exclusive perks that are only available through our agency. These include cruising, hotels & resorts, and car rentals. Our agency offers our cruise clients over 1000 amenity departure cruise dates per year, plus over 300 Distinctive Voyages sailings per year, and our exclusive Culinary Collection sailings featuring cooking demos by famous chefs, hands-on classes and tastings. Our Worldwide Hotel Program provides our clients with a vast collection of more than 34,000 hotel, resorts and spas offering best-available rates and special amenities equal to online booking engines. And with car rentals we are able to offer much lower rates using our corporate discount numbers with Dollar, National, Alamo, and Hertz.
- Venere.com – Our business relationship with Venere.com allows our clients to book and confirm over 200,00 properties worldwide directly on our web site including Hotels of all categories, B&B, Town House Suites, Farm Houses, Apartments, Guesthouses, Resorts, Serviced Apartments and Villas.
- Kiwicollection.com – Our business relationship with Kiwi Collection allows our clients to book and confirm the world’s largest and most diverse curated collection of luxury hotels directly on our web site. Kiwi Collection offers a wide selection of pre-screened, premium hotels across the globe, special treatment, and the guaranteed best rate. Also, many of the hotels offer a “Kiwi Advantage” including perks such as complimentary upgrades, welcome gifts, early check-in and late check-out, spa or food and beverage credits, or perhaps even a bottle of champagne waiting up arrival.
- Visa and entry requirements – The Travel Desk provides all of our clients a no cost service to help obtain all required documents required for travel outside the United States.